Monday, November 5, 2007

Relationship

Consider Jesus. Know Jesus. Learn what kind of Person it is you say you trust and love and worship. Soak in the shadow of Jesus. Saturate your soul with the ways of Jesus. Watch Him. Listen to Him. Stand in awe of Him. Let Him overwhelm you with the way He is. ~John Piper

I got this quote on my email the other day. If you know Jesus as your Savior, not as a religious person, then you understand this quote. If religion is what you follow, I challenge you to look at the real Jesus, see what the Bible really says about him, not what someone else says about him or the world has portrayed him to be. Jesus really isn't too complex, and he makes the way to follow him quite simple. Money and job titles don't impress him, but a heart change does. If you want a place to start to read about him, the book of John is always a great place to start. I am thankful that I got past the religion and found a relationship with Jesus, that he loves me where I am, and that he knows I make mistakes but loves me and forgives me anyway.

Lifehouse has a song called Everything, and the link to the following video is pretty amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUiEeM5TAUY&mode=related&search

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is an awesome video! Thank you for sharing.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...