Saturday, January 26, 2008

Birthday Psalm

Today I was listening to a speaker and she was talking about a birthday Psalm that they read on their birthday. As she was saying it, I thought that was really neat, so I thought I would check out what my birthday Psalm was when I got home. I was thinking month and day of my birthday, but as she went on she talked about the birthday Psalm for their family is Psalm 139:13-16:

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

It's a great Psalm and one that we all should keep in mind when we feel down or like we don't matter because we do matter and God knows each and every detail of who we are and made us that away for a reason!

I still was curious to what my birthday Psalm was, so I checked it out at
http://www.biblegateway.com/ when I arrived home, in a couple of different translations. Mine would be Psalm 9:10:

10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. New Living Translation

9-10 God's a safe-house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked. The Message

I looked up my husband's and that Psalm only goes to 10 verses, and I need 18, so I just read 1-8 for his. If you feel like sharing your 'birthday Psalm' please do so. I realize that although there are 150 Psalms, this won't work for everyone's birthday, so just share your favorite verse out of Psalms. I think it will bless all who read it.

5 comments:

Lanel said...

Wow! God's pretty amazing. :) My birthday Psalm is:

Psalm 3:3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

Sandi said...

This is neat. Mine is Psalms 3:8
From the LORD comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.

This would be neat to include the person birthday Psalm in their cards.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I went to the site but was unsure how to use it. Could you help me out please. Thanks. Lynn

ablogaway said...

Hi, can you show me how to find out our own birthday psalm? Is it the age+1? thanks!

Unknown said...

I truly enjoy reading your blog. It impressed me a lot. Very unique and interesting. You are really a good blogger. Keep it up. Thank you and more power.

Gail
www.imarksweb.org

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...