Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Face Time

Yesterday afternoon, I got to spend three hours with my closest friend. She lives in Sandpoint, so we don't get to see each other like we would like to, so when we do get to see each other, the time is precious. We talked and talked, and still didn't get everything talked about that we wanted to, but it was good to see her face to face. We email and talk on the phone, but nothing beats that one on one time! God wants that one on one time with as well. We can get so busy going through a day that we might mutter a prayer while we are doing other things, and while that's okay, He wants face time with us, one on one, just us and Him. Just as Brenda and I need that time to rejuvanate our friendship and get caught up, I need to do the same with God in my prayer life. I need to take time to just sit with Him, and talk to Him, not letting anything rob that time from me.

As a deer gets thirsty for streams of water, I truly am thirsty for you, my God. In my heart, I am thirsty for you, the living God. Psalm 42:1-2

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I need more of that one on one time with my prayer life too.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...