Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rest

There are times when we just need to rest. I admit that I am weary both mentally and physically right now. There's been so much going on and I just need to rest a bit. I unwind my weary soul best next to a lake or the ocean, or in the mountains. I think when our minds and bodies get so overwhelmed with being tired and weary, we just need to escape and be somewhere quiet.




Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27




Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hope you get to feeling better and find the rest you need.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...