Monday, July 12, 2010

Being Still

God has been speaking to my heart a lot this weekend, through a few different venues.  Today, I need to take time to just sit and get in His word and be quiet.  I can feel a great anticipation of what God is about to do, although I don't have any idea what that could be right now. I just feel that something is about to change, for the better.  Maybe He is just preparing my heart for the future, and I will have to wait awhile.  I do not know at this point, but with the way different points I have heard over the weekend have touched my heart, I know from past experience that God is preparing me for some change.  I've had moments of tears in letting go of past hurts this weekend.  I've also had joy, as I realize the truths He has revealed to my heart.  I will share more later, but for now, I am going to go sit outside in my flower garden, with my journal and my Bible and be still. 


Be still in the presence of the Lord,and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46:10

2 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Waiting in hopeful expectation for the the good that the Lord is bringing...a wonderful place to be, indeed!

Blessings.

Beth said...

After saying that last week didn't bring me a storm, I got one last night. Change is ahead of me and I'm striving to 'look forward' to it, but I have many questions. Your "Be still" is good advice.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...