Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Smokey August Night on the Prairie

Last night, the skies were filled with smoke from fires in Washington and Canada.  Although it makes for terrible air quality, smoke makes for great sunsets.  I grabbed my camera, my husband, and my dog and we went out for a ride on the prairie. 









































































This was the actual color of the sun.  The sky was lighter, but this is how my camera captured the scene. 




















3 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Beautiful!

And that pink sun, like cotton candy.

(I borrowed Monday's video clip. Wow.)

Blessings.

S. Etole said...

Here via Country Girl ... such beauty in your photos ... and peace.

Beth said...

Your photos show the beauty of our awesome country and also the diversity from state to state or even within the same state.

My two favorites are the ones of the wheel like contraptions (you can tell I didn't grow up on a farm) used in the fields and the sepia photo of the wheat.

But they are all full of peace and comfort.

Thanks for stopping by my 'place'--you're welcome any time.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...