Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of a child.

My dad has always been the one I look to for strength. He is a man of strong character, a man who holds to his word, and a man of God. He has always worked hard and he gives back to others in so many ways. He loves his family very much, and has given my sister and I an example of how a marriage should be. I love you dad, and thank you for the countless hours you worked to support us, thank you for instilling the value of truth and strong character in us, and for raising us in a home filled with love and for showing us who Jesus really is. I'm proud of you, dad and so greatful that I was blessed with you for my dad!!

Honor is a trait not born in a man, but earned by him through self-sacrifice and full commitment to the purpose God has for his life. You are a great dad, a man of honor who has earned my admiration.

No leadership is greater than the example found in a man who leads his children with God's direction.

We also remember Thane's dad this weekend. He has been gone for 7 years now and we miss him and think of him all the time. You are loved and remembered, Jerry. Thank you for your son and for the lasting memories we will cherish for the rest of our lives.


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...