Friday, July 10, 2009

Untold Story

I read a quote last night that said "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." I found out this morning that it is a quote by Maya Angelou. What is your untold story? Why aren't you letting others in your life to hear that story? Not allowing people to hear your story robs the world of the great blessing of really knowing who you are and what little corner of the world you impact. You may think you don't make an impact, but you do. We all do. We were NOT created to be a waste of space on this planet. We were created for a purpose, for a reason. We each have our own gifts and abilities that are unique to us. Are you using those gifts and abilities, or are you hiding them, wasting them? Why not use them, and use them with all your might. What happens if you never used those gifts, or if you used them for a time, and then you decided you weren't good enough, or you just selfishly hid them from others, and no one ever gets to know you, your story, who you truly are? What a waste of life, a life that is so precious and so short.

As I write this, I am guilty of not letting others in, although I have become much better over the past three years. I often think I am not good enough, or I cannot accomplish something, but I want to start trying harder to let my little corner of the world know me a little better, to know my untold story. I want to accomplish some goals I have had for a little while, which requires really getting out of my comfort zone and really letting people into my personal space. Now, I don't plan to be loud and obnoxious by any means, but I can make a difference in my own way. I can start stepping out of my comfort zones, and try more things, be more spontaneous, and let people into my life a little more than I have in the past. I have a story to tell, just as you do. I do better at one on one interaction, or in writing my story down, not in large groups or public places, but we all have our different ways. The point is to not waste any more time, and actually let your story OUT of you! Let people experience YOU, be blessed by YOU! Live your life, without regrets! Live your life so that others know and see your story!

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Thanks. I really needed this.

Blessings.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...