Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Gathering



We had a family reunion over the weekend. It was great to see everyone and catch up. Four generations of our family were represented.
There was a lot of great food, with my cousin as head of grilling.................




There were lots of stories being told.............










A lot of laughs were shared.....................


Hmm, wonder who the hats actually belong to???





Times to catch up......................................















Swimming, tubing, and boating were enjoyed....................













......by most...................

If you have never been on this type of tube, my husband is not the one to go with because he forgets to give instruction. I was on the tube, ready to go, or so I thought, and once the slack was out of the rope and we were verily moving, I flew right over the top of the tube. See, my hubby forgot to tell me that you have to shift your weight to the back at first, then move it a bit forward, until you get it balanced. After flipping on the tube, I kept trying to get back on the tube, but couldn't! My life vest was too big on me and kept trying to come up over my head. My hubby keeps telling me to get back on the tube, and I keep trying, but as I try, the life vest keeps going higher and higher, until the bottom is almost at the base of my neck. Not a good situation in 26 feet of water, when your feet keep getting tangled in millfoil weed! I finally swam to the boat, and climbed part way on the motor, and got on the tube. Oh, did I mention we have a ladder for the boat so it is easier to get in the boat from the water, except it was left on shore!!!! Yes, I thought it was a great idea too! I finally got my life vest changed, and actually was able to tube for a bit. I was happy to provide entertainment for my family as they watched my escapades!




By the end of the day, we were all tired, but enjoyed the times shared and memories made.


After two days filled with family fun, we headed home, with a very happy dog on board!



1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

I absolutely LOVE that last photo! That needs enlarged, framed, and placed on the wall. Won't that be a great wintertime treat?

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...