Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Artistry in the Sky





As I look out my window right now to the Eastern sky, it is filled with bolts of lightning dashing and darting across the darkness. Thunder is ripping apart what was a quiet night, and the rain is blowing in the window onto my arm and cheek. As I write, the storm is getting louder and more violent, with four strikes very near my home. The elegant beauty of the night sky has changed from it's breath taking beauty a few hours ago. My hubby and I, and our dog, took in an amazing sunset at the end of a drive tonight. We watched it for about seventy-five minutes, in all it's amazing glory! We watched the sun and sky change from a glowing ball in an orange sky, to hues of pinks, purples, reds, blues, and peach. God definitely was showing His artistic side tonight as He painted the Western sky, and now is showing His power in the Eastern sky.













































My last message as I close out this posting is this.....


Always wear protective eye wear when looking at the sun!






1 comment:

Lanel said...

I missed the sunset last night but not the storm. It was a fierce on for sure! I normally love thunderstorms and will sit and watch them in awe. Last night's actually brought a feeling of fear which I don't remember ever feeling from a storm before.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...