Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Addiction Issues


It's hot out early this morning, and will continue to be really hot according to the weather forecast. I try to get out early to pick the raspberries, peas, kale, spinach, lettuce, kohlrabi, and beets, but there's this problem right now that delays me. I have an addiction issue keeping me from my morning routine. I have to admit, I am addicted to the Tour de France. I don't know why, but I am. I remember a few years back when my dad first started to watch it, I wondered why my dad was watching cycling!! Then, I started to watch it, and became addicted to it as well. My sleep has been very much altered this month because of the Tour. Yes, it runs all day, over and over, but it's not quite the same if you don't watch the live version, for some reason. Although, the past few days it has started at 3:30 am so I must admit to not watching the first 90 minutes live.

It's very inspiring to see Lance back after four years off, in his upper 30's, keeping right up with the young guys, and surpassing many of them. It's also neat to see a brother duo work together to bring victory for Luxembourg. There have been times when teams have done amazing together, showing that we all work best with someone by our side, or helping us. There have been some horrible wrecks, and some great victories in each stage. I will get to sleep again in a few days, but for now, I enjoy watching the Tour and cheering on my favorites!

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...