Friday, April 3, 2009

Weep With Those Who Weep

As I sit here in the wee hours of the night, with a house full of my mom, sister, and nieces, I am thinking of and praying for my dearest, closest friend. She and her family are gathered around to say goodbye. Her grandma was rushed to emergency surgery today, only to find out there was nothing they could do for her, and her time is very, very short. The family has gathered around her bedside to say their goodbyes, and to remember. I understand and feel my friend's pain. I was there four years ago, minus one month, when we were in the same situation with my Gram. I know the sorrow, the heart-wrenching pain they are feeling. I want to be there to help fix things, but fixing isn't an option right now. So, I sit and pray. I shed tears not only for my friend and the family, but for her grandma. She's a woman I have only met a few times, but through those times I know she's strong woman, a woman who loves her family deeply and dearly, and I know she is a woman who fights for what she believes in. In just our few short meetings, she is a woman I have grown to respect and honor. I think of her husband as well tonight. I pray for each and every family member, including those who are not here to say their goodbyes as they struggle with being away from family during this difficult time. I am sure that sleep will be short tonight as I weep with my friend, even if I am not by her side, but with her in my thoughts. I pray that she and all the family feel God wrapping His arms around them and that they feel His comfort.

....Weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15

4 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Praying for them...and you...

Lori said...

Good-byes are so hard to say but for some of us - it's see you later. The family your praying for is being prayed for along with you and your family to be a comfort during this difficult time and always.
Love ya

Sandi said...

I was there in that situation a year ago and your prayers will be felt. I said a prayer for the family too.

Bent said...

Live, this podt was very nice. Our family went through this last August, as well. I blogged a bit about that last week. Still, we had the mixed blessing of knowing that it was coming.

Hard either way I suppose. All are in my prayers as well...

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...