Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sad Anniversary

I'm going to try to make it through this post. My computer sounds like a tractor trudging along, not a good sound! I think we are in trouble, that's about all I can say. I need to get our portable hard drive and get important things downloaded onto it today. The thought of having to think about buying a new computer is not something that was in the plans for right now, but guess we will have to start shopping around.

Today is a sad anniversary in our home. Ten years ago today, my husband lost his dad to cancer. It was a short battle, three weeks from diagnoses until the cancer won the battle, and the shock of the news didn't seem to wear off before his passing. It was a lot to process in a short amount of time. It's hard to believe it's been a decade already. He lives on in our hearts, but I know my husband misses his dad terribly.

Today, call or visit a loved one and make sure to tell them you love them. Life on this earth is short, even if we live to be 90. Moments spent with family are precious so use that time wisely, by saying words that encourage and lift up, not that tear down or hurt the heart. Make time with loved ones memorable, special, and something that will live on in their hearts; don't waste those precious moments!

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...