Saturday, October 1, 2011

Don't Just Know, Get Informed





October is breast cancer awareness month.  If you have followed my blog, you know I have an aunt, and three cousins who have survived breast cancer.  I have also lost those I love to the disease.  


I do self screening, get checked by my doctor, and I get mammograms on a yearly basis.  I have a friend who says I shouldn't get mammograms because they are dangerous.  While I know they put out radiation, I also know that my cell phone and computer do the same.  I am also aware that early detection of cancer is extremely important, and with a family history of breast cancer, I will get my mammograms every year.  


Don't just say you support breast cancer awareness month, put on a cute little pink ribbon, and do nothing about it for yourself, or those you love.  Be aware, be informed, and take charge of your health, or the health of those you love.  




No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...