Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The View From My Front Porch 2014





Last Summer, I wrote a few posts on 'the view from my front porch.'  Yesterday was the first official day that I got to sit on my porch, sip some coffee, and soak in some amazing sunshine.  

The view isn't much as far as flowers are concerned, yet.  I have a few tulips blooming, but they are looking a little scraggly as they survived an inch of pea-sized hail, and high winds, on Sunday.  Spring has been trying to arrive, but Winter keeps holding on with it's icy fingers.  The past two days have been amazing, sunshine, warmer temps, so hopefully we are moving on with Spring!!  After watching the weather channel the past two days, I am not going to complain, though.  Our prayers are with so many who are dealing with loss after the storms raged through parts of our country.  

The view from my front porch is changing.  We will be getting new neighbors soon, as one place in our little corner of the neighborhood just sold.  Soon, the family we have watched grow up for the past eight years will be packing up and moving to a house out in the country.  Another family will be moving soon, as well, due to needing to relocate because of work.  We have all been neighbors for eight years, so it will be strange to have two out of six homes have new people living in them.   

This was the view from my front porch this morning as I sipped on my coffee, and enjoyed a green smoothie.  My sweet pup is now 12.  I think she is waiting for a walk around the neighborhood, or to go out to the garden and plant some lettuce seeds.  If you have read my blog at all, you know she is probably waiting on planting the carrot seeds, as she loves to eat, and dig up, the carrots!  







No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...