Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Single Sentence


"Someday, people will summarize your life in a single sentence. My advice-pick it now! Know and live the legacy you want to leave."

I heard this a couple weeks ago and wrote it down. As I was going through papers tonight, I came across it again. We have an appraiser coming in the morning to write up an appraisal on our home so we can refinance and save a pretty nice sum of money each month. I look around my house and how I am trying to get things in order in different rooms, I think how my house right now is a good reflection of my life-a bit crazy and piled with too much stuff that needs to be cleaned out and gotten rid of! As I try to organize my house, I realize my life needs to be organized as well, and I need to take better control of my time and start doing some of the things I enjoy that I haven't done in a couple of years because I've been too busy with other things. I love to scrapbook and make cards, but haven't done that in awhile, and I need to get back to organizing old family photos and getting them put in scrapbooks so that they can be properly displayed.

As I reflect on my life and this quote, I wonder what people would summarize my life as, in one or two sentences. What type of legacy am I leaving behind right now? What am I choosing to show those that come in contact with me each day about myself, whether those who are close to me or those who just cross my path on that particular day? Am I leaving a positive sentence for others to summarize my life with, or would I be embarrassed and ashamed with the sentence some may say about me? What am I reflecting to be important to me and what character traits do others see in me, and will it make a lasting heart print on those who are in my life? What sentence are you leaving for others to summarize your life with today? Is it what you want others to remember about you? If not, work with me and let's change it today!

3 comments:

NILove said...

Connie observed life in a beautiful way and captured it---with her camera and her mind.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a very powerful post! Its so true! Wow I have some thinking to do myself and change a few things.

SimplyDarlene said...

She is a woman after God's own heart.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...