Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hope Through the Storms


Yesterday I was driving in to meet some friends for dinner. I looked around at the many micro climates this little area has, and chuckled. To the east, the sky was streaked in sheets of white, as new snow fell to the ground, yet to the southeast, the sky had cleared, the sun was shining through the clouds, and the mountains popped through with fresh snow capping their tops. The sun had broken through to the Southwest, as the clouds finally moved aside to allow rays of gold to come to the ground. To the West, it was nearly black, and the dark clouds hung on to the top of the mountains, refusing to budge. To the south, the sky was very black , but a brilliant rainbow appeared. To me, it was a sign of hope. Hope that the weather will improve and go back to spring! I have some tulips that have popped their little heads through and are waiting to show their glory, but we have had rain, snow, and hail for several days now. I keep hoping those little tulips survive, and are able to open those fragile blossoms that sit upon the stem.

We have hope available to us in the storms as well. Life throws us a lot of storms, and we have many choices in how we can deal with those storms. We may be able to turn to someone close to us who can help us. However, the ultimate source of hope is Jesus. He gives us hope when we can't find it for ourselves. He wants to help us out, for us to lean on Him. He can give us hope, if we ask for it, and trust in Him.


Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Amen, sister!

What a great photo of God's promise.

Blessings.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...