Friday, July 9, 2010

Life's Storms

I guess the song below goes along with my post from yesterday.  At times, life can be full of storms.  A friend of mine and I heard this song a few years ago when we started our friendship.  We both started to face some pretty tough life storms, and now, many years later, we hear this song and sometimes we have to ask, 'still God?  When do the storms let up?'  However, we have also come to realize that the storms of life will continue as long as we live on this earth, but the important thing is that we let God help us through the storms, even at times when we are so struck down that we cannot see Him.  We have to have faith that He is still there, holding our tears, helping us. We have to hold on to the hope of Deuteronomy 31 verses 6 and 8: "So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you."

And  ...
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.



 
Right now I am thinking of a dear friend who is facing one of those storms. She is a regular reader here, so I know she will see this.  God is holding your salty tears, my friend, every one of them.  He is with you through this tough time.  He has a plan, even if it seems blurred right now.  Hang on to Him.  He has your right hand, and is holding you.  


 

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

Thank you for this timely word and song ... visiting here via Beth.

SimplyDarlene said...

Ah, thank you. I know you would wipe at my tears and and hold my hands in prayer. Your words comfort.

And to think, I bump into miss Susan here. God is so good! You two have been my personal cheering squad.

Love and hugs.

Blessings.

Beth said...

I had your friend in mind and two friends who are battling illnesses, when I wrote today's post. I'd be honored if you checked it out.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...