Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Uniquely You

We are all unique to the world, to our world. No one can duplicate our life. There is not a replica of us anywhere in history. God made each of us tailor-made, one of a kind. Isaiah 43:7 says that He personally formed and created each of us. God does not have a back up of us somewhere. We are not one of many, like a pile of bricks or a bolt in a mechanics drawer. We are it! If we aren't who God created us to be, the world doesn't get us, and misses out on our uniqueness, our gifts, our abilities. We have one shot, this life, to let people see who we are, not who we think others want us to be. If we live like we think others want us to be, we rob the world of what we have to offer, of the gift of who we truly are, and what we were created to be and accomplish on this earth. We are all here for a purpose. We all have things that only we can accomplish and do in our world. Think about it. There are things you do well, and love to do. Those are the gifts God has put within you to bless others with. Will you step out today and be who God created you to be, to the fullest? Shine for those around you to see who you really are, who God created you to be, and live that life to the fullest, without regret.



You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18


For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...