Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eager Anticipation

The phone rang last night at 5:30.  My husband answered it.  "Yes, uh huh.  Ok."  By this time he was standing next to me, looking at me.  First of all, our home phone never rings, so that was odd.  His mom calls us on it, but that is about all, and I knew from the way he was talking, it was not her.  Suddenly my eyes lit up, and I ask 'Is my camera done?'  He nods.  I was so excited, as he asks 'what time do you close?  Oh, you just did.'  My excitement went to anticipation for morning.  Although I was happy my camera only took nine days in the shop instead of three weeks, now I had to wait until morning to go to town to get it.  As I write, I am still anticipating with excitement getting my camera back in my hands.  My experimenting with my hubby's camera has not been that great. 


Do you live with anticipation and excitement for anything in your life?  I think of how I should have this feeling in serving the Lord, with great anticipation and excitement in where He is leading me and what He is going to do through me.  I think of that type of excitement and anticipation as I am transformed, hopefully continually, into a person more like Christ.  I think I can get too stagnant, to comfortable, maybe even stuck in a rut,  and forget to look with excitement and anticipation at what God is doing in my life, where He is leading me, how He is transforming me, and how, even in the tough times, He is teaching me something valuable.  I know I get impatient sometimes in those times of waiting.  I feel like I am in one of those times right now.  I asked God for some direction this week, I asked very specifically for a point blank yes or no.  The answer I feel I got from Him was wait.  What I was asking for is serving somewhere that I as I thought about it, it actually gave me some anticipation/excitement, but the more I prayed and sought direction, the louder I felt a wait, wait, wait.  Not yet. I don't wait well.  I like to jump in and do.  Waiting is not a virtue that I have been blessed with, but evidently, I have to learn a little more about that virtue, as I wait in expectation and eager anticipation for God to say "GO!" 


For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15


Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18


In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3


Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:5, 7


It's funny how God teaches me lessons as I write this blog.  He taught me a lot today.  I would say 98% of the time, I don't really know what I am going to write about when I start typing here.  God definitely took me through this one today for a reason.  Thanks God.  I will praise you as I wait. 


1 comment:

Beth said...

I've learned that when He wants us to wait, He has something in mind for us, but everything is not quite in place yet9esp.if other people are involved.

I've been waiting 7 years for my husband to follow my move back to our hometown. Seven years, some short, some looong. It's happening sometime in Sept. (I hope--depends on when we get the house ready to put on the market). I will say this: I've learned a lot about myself and I've grown as a person.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...