Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Missing Something

It's been almost three days, but it feels like weeks.  I am missing something very important.  Something I take with me practically everywhere I go.  On Monday morning, I had to take my camera to the repair shop.  I had a great fear that somehow something inside got broken.  One reason I haven't posted any photos from our trip is because almost every photo needs extensive editing.  In the upper right hand corner of almost every picture is a large half circle.  Of course, since the pictures would not load onto my laptop, I didn't know that the hundreds of photos I took had this giant half circle on them.  For some reason, it didn't show up on my camera as I looked at a few of the pictures.  Yes, on MOST photos I will be able to Photoshop it out, if I can get Photoshop to work on my PC, since my PC and my Photoshop 8 don't like each other and get in a fight every time they are together.  Ahhh, sometimes I love technology!  Anyway, back to my camera.  The man at the camera shop looked it over and found the culprit deep within.  I didn't know that layer even existed in my camera, and have no idea how he got there, but he did.  Deep down in my camera, behind closed shutters, a hair appeared.  Why this hair appeared just in time for vacation is beyond me.  I used my camera a couple days before vacation, and the hair was not there, but once we got to Oregon, the hair was there.  Interesting and strange.  The man at the camera shop tried to used canned air to blow the hair out, but he just made it worse, and put it across the entire viewfinder.  So, I was happy that it's not a crack in a an inner lens or viewfinder, however, he told me it could take up to three weeks to get my camera cleaned up really well.  THREE WEEKS????  Without a camera???  Just for a cleaning??  I refrained from the tears and pouted as I walked all the way to my car in the pouring down rain.  I still keep saying to myself, three weeks??  Where are they sending it to get cleaned, New York?  No, it's local.  The guy just must be really busy. 

 In the meantime, I am trying to learn how to use my hubby's camera.  It's a digital and a Canon, but that's the only similarities!  His is more the point and shoot type, and to me it's much more difficult to figure out all those crazy settings than my camera is, even though my camera has more settings.  I know it's just what I'm used to, but I am used to my Canon XTi.  I also borrowed my mom's Nikon to do a photo shoot on Tuesday that I already had scheduled.  Also much different than my camera.  Yes, I like my camera comfort zone.  When I switched from film to digital, the cameras were extremely similar so I didn't have to get out of my camera comfort zone for that switch!  I am learning to adjust, for just a couple weeks, to my hubby's camera.  It's either that, or no pictures, which could drive me to the need for intense therapy since photography is the way I release stress in life and unwind.  So readers of this blog, bear with me over the next couple weeks as I miss the appendage known as my camera.  It's going to be a long few weeks!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I've just started taking my camera with me most places, but already I feel incomplete when I realize I forgot it.
Hope your camera gets fixed a lot sooner than he estimated. Meanwhile, this gives you an opportunity to experiment and learn. (I'm a glass half-full person.)

Debbie said...

So sorry about your camera. Hope the estimated time turns out to be much shorter!

Your story made me stop and think; how can something so tiny make such a difference? It is similar to the sin in the my life. Even if I think it's just a small little lie - it still leaves a mark.

Hope the time passes quickly!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...