Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day brings many thoughts of love, compassion, laughter, friendship, support, encouragement, and honor to the minds of my husband and I as we think of our dad's today. 


Today is a tough day for my husband as he celebrates Father's Day without his dad.  His dad has been gone for ten years, yet lives on in our hearts and thoughts every day.  We think of him with love and remember the laughter and love he shared with us.  My husband and my dad are close, for which I am thankful, and my hubby is thankful.  My hubby looks up to my dad in so many ways, and cherishes the times they get to hang out, just the two of them.


I was one of the lucky ones.  I was raised with a loving, caring, moral, God-fearing dad.  A dad who taught us right from wrong, in a loving manner.  I have a dad who wanted the best for his family,  who has always worked with integrity and treated people fair, and taught us to do the same.  I was blessed to see my dad truly love my mom, and never be ashamed to let us girls know that he loved her, and us.  I am blessed to have been raised with a dad who also loves the Lord, and taught us to do the same. 


I found this poem, and it expresses my thoughts about my dad. I love you, dad.  Happy Father's Day!


A little girl needs her daddy
To love her with manly charm,
To soothe her when she’s hurt,
And keep her safe from harm.



A girl needs her dad
To show her a what is good,
To help her make right choices,
As only a father could.



A woman needs her father
Just to be aware,
He’ll always be there for her
To support her and to care.



You’ve been all these things, Dad.
I hope that you can see
How much I treasure you;
You mean everything to me.



2 comments:

Beth said...

I was blessed too. Hope you're close enough in proximity to give him a big hug and kiss, and "I love you." If not,thankfully we have phones. I'm missing mine, but am grateful that I had "something to miss."

Anonymous said...

He is a special guy. We are blessed to be a family.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...