Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Last Dance of Fall

I was out at Lake Coeur d'Alene a couple days ago, taking in the last dance of Fall.  The sun beat down on my face as I walked along a path of yellow and orange, with leaves crunching under my feet.  As a gust of wind came up, a group of leaves danced down the path ahead of me.  The beautiful gold leaves gently tumbled down from the sky onto my head, as I enjoyed the smell of fresh fallen leaves, the sounds of waves slapping the shoreline and birds singing.  It was a wonderful Fall day.  































"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made.  The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."   ~Eric Sloane

























"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.  So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne












"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."  ~Elizabeth Lawrence















"How beautifully the leaves grow old. How full of light and color their last days." ~ John Burroughs


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...