Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Encouragement

I received this from Tim Goad Ministries.   They took scripture truths and made it into statements that can encourage us when we need it.  

I seek God first and His righteousness and everything else is added to me. God meets all of my needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Since God is for me who can be against me? He graciously gives me all things.

I have been redeemed. I have been forgiven. I am a free person, through the power of the blood of Jesus Christ, I have authority over every situation or problem I face. I have been bought with a price. I will not be a slave to any man.

I delight myself in the Lord and He gives me the desires of my heart. I commit to the Lord whatever I do and He makes my plans succeed. I am blessed because I do not associate, listen to, or follow after the ungodly, but my delight is in meditating on and following God’s Word. I am like a tree planted by the river that brings forth fruit in season, I will not wither. Whatever I do will prosper.

God’s Word will not be void from my mouth. I meditate on it day and night. I am careful to do everything written in it so in all my ways I will be prosperous and successful.

I walk by faith not by sight. My hope and faith are in the Lord. I have now faith, which is being sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. It is written: Eye has not seen, ear has not heard and heart has not felt the incredible things that God has prepared for me because I love Him.

No weapon formed against me shall prosper. Through Christ I am more than a conqueror. The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? So I say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” For God did not give me a spirit of fear but of LOVE, POWER, and A SOUND MIND. Through Christ I am more than a conqueror!

All things work together for my good because I am called according to His purpose. I do not grow weary in doing good because I know at the proper time I will reap a harvest. I know nothing can separate me from the love of God. I love God and He knows me. He protects and provides for me because I trust Him. Everyday I am growing in the fruit of the Spirit: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, and SELF- CONTROL. I am an heir to God and a joint heir with Jesus Christ.

I forget what is behind and I strain toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. I forget the former things; I do not dwell on the past.

I am not anxious in anything. I have the peace of God, which guards my heart and mind. I think on whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and anything that is excellent or praiseworthy. I daily ask God to fill me with knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

Each day I am being strengthened with all power according to God’s glorious might so that I will have great endurance and patience. I set my mind on things above, not on earthly things. Whatever I do, I work at it with all my heart, as I am working for the Lord not for men. I know that I will receive my reward from the Lord. God is able to do immeasurable more than all I can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within me.

I am fully persuaded that God has the power to do what he has promised. I rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but I rejoice in sufferings, because I know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint me, because God has poured out His love into my heart by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given me.

I do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind. Through Christ I am a new creation. I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for me to do. I have been made new in the attitude of my mind, to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. I fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal.

I am careful how I live not as the unwise, but as the wise making the most out of every opportunity. I never tire of doing what is right. God will give me whatever I ask in Jesus’ name. I have faith in God. I have no doubt in my heart, I believe what I say will happen, and I believe and receive what I pray for. I overcome evil with good. I give thanks in all things.

I praise God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. All the days ordained for me were written in God’s book before one of them came to be. I do not forget God’s teaching, but I keep His commands in my heart. They prolong my life and bring me prosperity. I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding, in all my ways I acknowledge Him, and He makes my paths straight.

I shout for joy to the Lord. I serve the Lord with gladness and come before Him with joyful songs. I know the Lord is God. He made me and I am His. I praise the Lord with all of my soul, and I do not forget His benefits. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. His strips healed me. He crowns me with love and compassion, He satisfies my desires with good things.

I look to the Lord and His strength, I remember all the wonders He has done. Everything that was written in the past was written to teach me, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures I might have hope. May the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace, as I trust in Him, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. I pray that God may count me worthy of this calling and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of mine and every act prompted by my faith.

I do not judge, I do not condemn, I give and it is given to me, pressed down, shaken together and running over into my lap. I sow generously and I reap generously. I am a cheerful giver. I am more blessed to give than to receive. God is able to make all grace abound to me, so that in all things at all times, having all that I need, I will abound in every good work. I pray that God will make me rich in every way so that I can be generous on every occasion and my generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. Through faith I call things that are not as though they were.

For though I live in the world I do not wage war as the world does. The weapons I fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. I demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and I take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. I am strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. For my struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Through Christ I am more than a conqueror.

I do not let any unwholesome talk come out of my mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. I humble myself under God’s mighty hand that He may lift me up in due time. I cast all my anxiety on Him because He cares for me. I know that the One that is in me is greater than the one who is in the world. I know the Truth and the Truth sets me free. God’s power is made perfect in my weakness.

1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Wow. These are great. Can a person get them in print-ready format?

Thanks for this big bite of Truth today, friend.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...