Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Homesick

Today my thoughts are heavenward more than usual.  Six years ago today, my Gram went to live with Jesus.  I know I shouldn't shed tears because she is out of pain, and lives with Jesus.  My heart misses her, though.  My Gram and I were close.  We could sit and laugh, enjoy God's scenery together, just sit and be still with each other, and we could also disagree, but still still love and respect each other.  


I read this quote this morning....If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. I would. Gram didn't live here until I was an adult, but I called her a daily, and always when things were tough.  She would listen, sympathize, tell me it was ok to cry, but to hold my chin up and not get brought down by what was going on.  To this day, I still want to call her, to share good news, to talk through tough times, to just listen to her laugh.  


I remember the first time I heard this song.  It was the day before my Gram passed away.  It was a new song, and they played it alot in two days of driving back and forth from Sandpoint to the hospital in Coeur d'Alene.  


Today, my heart is homesick.  I am happy I will see my Gram again.  I am thankful we both have a Savior who allows us to be reunited with those we love.  




2 comments:

Simply Darlene said...

Oh, friend. I am sorry for your sadness, but we both know Who holds all of our tears.

Love and hugs and blessings.

live love laugh hope said...

Thanks friend. It's not so much sadness, just miss her. She was a wonderful Gram. I am blessed that she lived here for thirteen years and that we had some time together. Yes, I know who hold my tears, the same One who holds my Gram.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...