Sunday, November 11, 2012

November Days of Thanks

Today I am thankful for all who have served, and are currently serving, our country.  I sat down next to a man who lives where my mom-in-law lives, and thanked him for his service to our country on Thursday night.  He didn't want to accept the thanks too easily, as he is a very humble man.  I said it again, and his eyes filled with tears, and he thanked me.  I said he didn't have anything to thank me for, he was the one who deserved the thanks for his sacrifice.  

The photos below are of my niece, who served in the Navy, her brother (my nephew) who is currently in Afghanistan, and her husband.  They are in Bahrain.  My loved ones are in harms way, as are many other's loved ones.  All of our military need your prayers.  All who are serving and who have served, deserve your thanks.  It really doesn't matter which side of the political arena you are on.  You are allowed to have those political freedoms because of the military stepping into danger to protect and serve, for you.  Those who serve have allowed you to have many freedoms.  

Thank them, they deserve it!! 














No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...