Sunday, November 4, 2012

November Days of Thanks, Day 4







Today I am thankful for those in my life who stop to pray when I share the burdens and concerns in my life. They hear my heart, and they come alongside me, even though they are scattered all over the country, and pray.  They also share in the joy of answered prayers.  As many different people as there are praying for one need, are the prayers they pray.  Some pray short and to the point, while others use eloquent words.  Most are from different churches, but all go to the same loving Father in their prayers.  The main thing is, they pray, I pray.  It doesn't matter how it sounds, it just matters that we talk to our Father, our Creator, our mighty God.  He hears all the prayers of a sincere heart that is centered on HIm, and for that I am also very thankful.  I don't think I could have made it through some of the times I have if it wasn't for so many holding me up with their prayers.  There is a lot of power in prayer, it's always available to us.  It just takes a heart that is centered on God.  God isn't a genie, so don't make your prayers a want list, that's not what prayer is about. Prayer is just a conversation, it's just getting one on one with the ONE.  We need to make sure we always thank Him for what He has answered, what He has given us, the protection He has provided, and for the daily blessings He freely gives.   I am thankful for prayer.  I am thankful for those who pray.  I am blessed to pray for others.  










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for those who pray. Indeed!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...