Monday, September 10, 2007

39 10/10th's

Today is my 39 10/10th's birthday. Doesn't 39 10/10th's sound better than the alternative? I think so. How did I reach this age, and where has time gone? There have been many adventures and journeys along the way. Some have been exciting and wonderful. Some have been painful. Some have been filled with sadness and sorrow. All have led me on a path to who I am today. Life is an adventure and we learn by ALL the things we experience in life. We are molded by what we go through, and how we handle each thing put in our path.


Things I'm Thankful For: (just a few)
1. That God allows me to be a part of his family, saved by grace through faith
2. My husband
3. My parents
4. My sister and her family
5. My friends
6. Jesus' death on the cross for my sins, and his resurrection from the dead
7. Flowers
8. The abililty to see, hear, touch, smell, taste
9. My dog
10. Even though they are gone, my grandparents who left me a rich legacy
11. Love
12. The ability to think and be creative
13. My camera
14. Having a place to call home
15. Home grown tomatoes
16. Birds, especially Canadian geese, hummingbirds, and Eagles
17. The Ocean
18. Smiling and Laughing
19. Time
20. The men and women who serve this country so we can remain free
21. Mountains, Lakes, and Trees
22. Extended Family
23. Hope
24. Music
25. Sunsets and Sunshine
26. The ability to experience JOY
27. My church
28. The ability to grow and change
29. High Speed Internet
30. Christmas
31. My high school youth pastor, who mentored me and helped to guide me
32. Geocaching, it always brings me to new places I would have never discovered
33. Waterfalls
34. Being silly with my nieces
35. Time with my husband
36. Hugs
37. Snow on Christmas Eve
38. Butterflies
39. Watching Wildlife
39 10/10th's. Knowing today is just a number, and even though I'm not thrilled with the number, I am thankful to be here, and to continue to be molded into the person God wants me to be.

"Life is not a dress rehearsal. Stop practicing what you're going to do and just go do it. In one bold stroke you can transform today."
~Marilyn Grey



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
--Ferris Bueller's Day Off

4 comments:

Lanel said...

Happy Birthday, Connie!! :)

Into The Wild Ministries said...

Happy Birthday Connie!!!!!!
Hope you are having a great day. Heard you had a few surprises at work. I din't get you called this morning as I spent most of it in town trying to find what is wrong with the truck. Will call later
Love Dad

Happy Birthday to a Very Special Daughter. We love you Honey. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you today but we will just extend your birthday longer. Hard to believe that we are the same age now HA HA HA!

Love Mom

Mangy Moose said...

Hope your birthday was a wonderful celebration! You deserve only the best!

MLove said...

Happy 40th and 1/365th, Connie. Sounds like you've been having a great celebration.
Marianne

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...