Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Stuff

It's one of those weird Saturdays. My hubby has training at work all day, so I'm left to entertain myself. I have plenty to do around here, but after a long week of working, I don't feel much like working today. I will probably go in and do a Costco, Fred Meyer, Pilgrim's run and buy up groceries for the week. I have many food allergies, so have to shop around and buy different things at different places. I ran to Super 1 in Coeur d'Alene and the Flour Mill in Hayden earlier this week, so grabbed what I needed at both those places. After doing my grocery shopping, I will probably come home and maybe sit out in the sun and enjoy a good book. I haven't sat down and read for awhile, so it would be nice to give myself some time to catch up on some reading and relax at the same time. While sitting outside, I can enjoy what is left of my flowers. I pulled a lot of dead stuff out a couple nights ago. I hate this time of year when it comes to my flowers because most of them are done for the year, and the few that are left blooming have a very limited time left. I do have to take care of some tomatoes today, as I have quite a few sitting on the counter that need some attention, as well as some apples from my sister's place. If I keep this list up, I won't get any time to relax today! Plus, the Cougars and Vandals play later today, so I have to make some time to catch part of that game. I don't know which team to cheer for, as I like the Vandals and feel I need to have Idaho pride and stay true to the home team, but the Cougs are usually my team. It's hard to believe that this might be the last year of the great Battle of the Palouse! I guess I will be happy whoever wins. However, one of the guys I work with is a die hard Husky fan, so the rivalry battles on, in a fun way, at work.

I suppose I should get ready to go, and work on relaxing. Isn't it sad when you have to work on relaxing? Seems like we have to do that these days. I do hope to give it a good try today, though.

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it. ~Sydney Harris

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...