Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lazy Day

It's been a lazy morning. I haven't had one of those in a very long time, so I'm savoring every moment! I slept in a bit, listened to Beth Moore on Life Today, answered long overdue emails, made a few phone calls, and now I'm getting around to blogging while listening to John Waller's CD The Blessing. I love the first song on his CD called Calling For a Flood. There are a lot of great songs on this CD, and in a couple weeks I will get to see him live in concert with Casting Crowns. I'm very excited for this concert. We are going with some friends and I know the concert will be great, as well as time with friends.

I also have plans today to sit down and read, maybe take a nap, and just enjoy my day off. One thing I definitely need to do is figure out this fantasy football stuff. I don't care if I beat anyone but my hubby. We are a bit competitive, and his team has beat me the past two weeks. I have a great team, too, so can't figure out what I need to do, but maybe I will find that magical player this week and get a win. I really don't get it, but I'm trying. I like football, but this fantasy football is a whole different world!! I also need to catch up on laundry and clean the house up a bit, but for the most part I am planning a lazy day. I think we often feel guilty if we aren't continually on the go, doing something all the time, but it's not healthy to be pushing ourselves all the time and I've been pushing it pretty hard the past couple weeks, so need some time to rejuvenate and rest. Why do we feel guilty to take some down time? Why has our society conditioned us this way? I remember when I was a little kid, that people actually took time to rest. Most stores were closed on Sunday and everyone survived, probably better than we do now, because people did take down time. If God took a day to rest, and he is GOD, shouldn't we take a day to rest as well? How can we ever recuperate our souls, our bodies, if we don't STOP for awhile and just slow down this crazy life we live?

So, I'm off to slowly meander downstairs and outside, to water my tomatoes. I may have to exert a little energy because my dog loves to play catch while I'm out there, so I may have to toss her tennis ball across the backyard. I will probably need a nap after exerting all that energy, though.

Jesus said, "Come off by yourselves; let's take a break and get a little rest." For there was constant coming and going. They didn't even have time to eat. Mark 6:31

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm glad you got to have a day of rest. I am all for that!
I love Casting Crowns! Hope you enjoy the concert.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...