Sunday, September 9, 2007

Nordicfest, Geocaching, Snow

Yesterday we drove to Libby for Nordicfest. We did some geocaching along the way, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I know my hubby would have loved to have been in the woods, but he's trying to make the most of a weekend of celebrating for my birthday so he sacrificed his time and is devoting it to fun things for us to do together. Today, we are going on a lake cruise down the St. Joe with our friends. Actually, the celebration started Friday, when a friend of mine whisked me away to The Highlands Spa and we both got hour long massages, sat in the steam room, and then we went off to lunch. Seems others think since I am hitting a 'milestone' birthday tomorrow that I need some special treatment. Personally, I would have preferred to ignore it and hope it goes away, but my family and friends aren't allowing the ignoring to happen. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything I have been treated to this weekend! It's been very nice.





Back to our Montana trip. We stopped at Kootenai Falls, grabbed a cache, and enjoyed the majesty of the water spilling over the rocks. It was a beautiful afternoon. Somewhere between Troy and Moyie Springs, the weather changed, the temp dropped, and I looked up in the mountains where streams of white were ascending upon the mountains. I told Thane to look in his mirror; that wasn't what I thought it was, was it? We watched it in our rearview mirrors until we hit 3 mile, and we were both sure it was. When we got home, we turned on the news and the weatherman said "believe it or not, it has been snowing in the Western Montana high country." UGH! It's too early for winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Connie! Sounds like you've been having fun celebrating! Hope you have wonderful day! Love, Sherry

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...