Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fire Close By

I've been waiting all Summer for this to happen. It's been inevitable considering the conditions. Rathdrum mountain has a fire on it this afternoon. It's pretty low and right behind the old part of town and if the wind would shift, I believe it could be a pretty scary situation. There are many homes close by, not to mention the highway and town. I can watch it from my front porch and it's probably only a mile and a half from our home, so we will definitely keep an eye out, especially since the wind is picking up. I think it's a pretty small fire, but we all know how fast things can change in these dry conditions. There is a lot of smoke in the air from fires in the area. One thing is for sure, the sunset tonight will be beautiful. Even though the smoke is hard to breathe, it always creates a beautiful sunset!

Happy Birthday to my cousin Pam! Hope your day was blessed and very special.

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...