Monday, June 29, 2009

The Flag

Red signifies hardiness and valour
White signifies purity and innocence
Blue signifies vigilance, perseverance, and justice


As we approach the 4th of July, I have a lot of thoughts going through my head, some of which I will share with you throughout the week. Today, I am thinking of our flag. I feel proud, and humble when I see the flag flying. I feel respect, and honor. I feel a strong sense of patriotism for my country when I see Old Glory flying high. I am thankful for those who have fought for the freedom to keep that flag flying, and I think of the many lives that have been given for our freedom, and I am thankful. I am willing to fight for that flag, and I get angry when people deface it or disrespect it.

What does it stand for to you, and how do you feel when you see it?

As we approach Independence day, think of all that flag represents, and if you want, share your comments.






1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

I am red, white and blue...through and through. And I mirror your sentiments today, friend.

F-Freedom and
L-Liberty
A-All too often taken for
G-Granted

My grandaddy fought in WWII, my dad died because of Vietnam, my mamma served in the Navy, my in-law men served too. If I was not precluded from service due to medical reasons, I am certain I would have been a medic in the military...

Girl, keep on being you. Your devotion to God and country is needed!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...