Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad



Although it is late in the day, I just want to write a few words about my dad as Father's day wraps up. We spent part of the day with him, and I am thankful for that opportunity.

My dad is a man who stands up for what he believes in, who loves God, his country, and his family. He has always been a good provider, doing whatever it took to put food on the table and make sure his family was taken care of. He taught us the importance of being true to your word, loving your spouse, and putting God first. He taught us to honor and respect our country and our flag and to always remember and respect those who have fought to keep this country free. My dad is a man of character, value, integrity, who stands on the word of God as his way of determining wrong and right. If my dad says he will do something, he does it, because a person's word is important. He is honest and fair, and is someone who will help out others if he can. I love my dad a lot. There are few men worthy to be a hero anymore, but my dad is my hero.

Thanks for all you have done for us over the years, dad. Thanks for teaching us about God and His word, and about Jesus, and for living it out in your life, not just talking the talk, but walking the walk. Thanks for being a great example for us, and for teaching us values and morals, and love.

We love you!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Must run in the family - great dads! What a nice tribute you paid to your dad. He certainly is worthy.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...