Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation Time



It's midnight, and everyone else that is with me is sound asleep. I would like to be, but it's been a busy couple of days as I started vacation yesterday. I am on the beautiful Oregon Coast! My mom, sis, and nieces are here too. The room, cottage, we are in isn't anything to brag about. I can't believe what they can charge over here for motels! If I would have paid this rate last night in the Portland area, we would have been in one of the nicest hotels in the area!! We were in a nice motel last night, amazing staff, very quiet, and most important to me was it was safe and it was clean!! We could stay almost three nights in Portland for what one here costs, and all the amenities that I listed above, are not a part of this stay. However, we are a less than a block from the beach and we have enjoyed that time to the fullest! I guess this was the first nice day in several days. It was gorgeous today-sunny, great sunset, and in the upper 60's. My nieces are having a blast on their first trip to the ocean. We hope to explore tide pools in the morning, and do some more exploration along the shoreline. The girls really want to see a puffin or a seal, so I hope they get that opportunity. If not, they have still had a great time running into the ocean for the first time ever, running in the sand, exploring for treasures from the sea, and watching large waves roll in tonight. The adults have enjoyed watching them, and getting to act like kids with them.

So, we endure the old not-so-clean, run down, over priced place we are staying, and enjoy each others company and make memories to last a lifetime. We also are enjoying God's amazing power that is seen as you stand beside the ocean and listen to the roar of the waves, as my hubby and I did tonight. The beach was almost empty, and we just sat and listened. Amazing. Humbling. It sure makes us realize how small we are in the whole scheme of God's creation, yet He cares so much about us. How blessed we are, and how fortunate we are to have such a loving God.



1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Ahhh, the sights, sounds, smells, and the feel of sand on bare feet! ;-)

Blessings.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...