Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Ode to Iris




The iris flower is one of my favorites in the spring. There are so many wonderful details in the flower! I have some in my yard that I am enjoying right now, and I also enjoyed some over the weekend at Manito Park.

Where flowers bloom, so does hope. ~Lady Bird Johnson

Nature is the art of God. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Audra Foveo


My profession is to always find God in nature. ~Henry David Thoreau



Stop every now and then. Just stop and enjoy. Take a deep breath. Relax and take in the abundance of life.




The Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The meaning of the Iris: cherished friendship, faith, hope, and wisdom, my compliments, promise in love

3 comments:

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh, lovely! The last photo looks like and Iris dance.

Blessings, friend.

SimplyDarlene said...

AN Iris dance...

oops!

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures!

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...