Thursday, October 22, 2009

Soapbox

There are a couple things on my soapbox list today:

1-Why is Coeur d'Alene gas some of the highest in the area? Usually, Sandpoint gas is 15-20 cents higher than CDA's but last I checked, it was 5 cents cheaper. Rathdrum and Post Falls are usually considerably higher, as well, but they are either cheaper, or Post Falls is a couple cents above the CDA price. Many stations in the Spokane area are the same price as CDA, and they are always quite a bit more for a tank of gas. I think that the CDA gas stations are pocketing some good profits over the past three weeks. When we went on our drive two weeks ago, gas was considerably cheaper down at the Rose Lake gas station, so we filled up with gas at 2.53, while it was still 2.69 in 'the city.'

2-The mass hysteria the media and our government have caused over the h1n1 flu. I know many people who have already had it, and although they aren't having a good time while sick, it has gone away for most within a week, maybe with a lingering cough. All I know are coming through fine. However, the media keeps harping on how deadly it is, and I am sure it is, just like other flu's. But, it's scaring people, especially teens so bad that some are near hysterics when they get the flu. One I know is terrified of dying because of the media hype. I saw a few minutes on 60 minutes the other night, and they were reporting on this teen who got it and collapsed during a football game, from what I gathered, and was in the hospital, hooked to breathing machines. They reported his entire team, the other team they were playing, all the cheerleaders, etc...got sick and made a fine recovery but the one was fighting for his life. I feel bad for him, and his parents, and I said a pray for his recovery, but there were around 100 others who made a complete recovery but that was verily touched upon. There is a difference in being informed, and causing mass hysteria for people, which in my opinion, is what is happening right now. I just think there needs to be some common sense, common ground...how about reporting how many people are surviving the virus? How about putting a positive spin on it for once? Why, because then we wouldn't be relying on our government to come through and 'save the day!' They want the American people to be so reliant on them that they don't have thoughts of their own any more.

A friend of mine put it like this today about the whole flu/vaccine hysteria going on right now: Did you ever do that science experiment in high school - the one where you put a live frog in a room temp pot of water - turn on the burner and let the water come to a boil and have to write down your explanation as to why the frog will not jump out of the pot. He just sits there - while the water slowly comes to a boil and cooks him. My heart feels like that is what mankind in the USA is doing. We are slowly coming to a boil people.

Be informed, use your the brain you have been given to think for yourself, don't be mind controlled. It might be healthy for your brain and emotions to turn off the news because that's all they talk about! I turned it on yesterday to see the weather and had to turn it off before they ever got to it, because the first ten minutes were all flu related! Think it through, and think through the truth that YOU know.



1 comment:

Lanel said...

Amen my friend! I check the weather on my phone or through a gadget on my home page. Couldn't tell you the last time I turned on the news and that's perfectly fine with me.

My family drama is enough for me...I'll skip out on the media's scare tactics.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...