Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful



As I turned the calendar this morning, I wonder how it's already October 1st! Time seems to speed by, whether we are watching or not, which is why I try to make the most of each day, each moment.

Yesterday I spent a wonderful day with my hubby. He has been on vacation since last Thursday, but we haven't seen much of each other because he's been in the woods, looking for the elusive wapiti, also known as elk. He's an archer, and our extended family needs food for the winter. So far, they will be eating like me, which is mainly vegetables. He did enjoy his time out in the woods, and discovered some new areas. In one spot he sent me a text and said that he and my dad just went straight up a cliff, and it would have helped to have been a mountain goat, but the view at the top was breathtaking, according to him. He came home on Tuesday, so we spent yesterday just enjoying some fun time together. I appreciate and treasure that time. I appreciate and treasure my husband of 22 years. It can be easy to get in a day to day routine and forget to value our marriage, forget to thank God for the loving husband he provided for me, forget to be thankful for a man who loves me and who treats me well. It's not that I want to be that way, it's just life, long time marriage where you take each other for granted, I guess, and busyness. Through a number of events this past week, I have definitely been reminded not to take my marriage for granted and to be thankful each day for the gift of a loving, caring husband.






1 comment:

SimplyDarlene said...

Awe...I agree completely.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...