Monday, October 5, 2009

Wearing Pink



Today, I will wear pink, and I will wear it in one form or another for the rest of the month. I wear pink for three cousins and an aunt who are survivors, and for two friends who fought the disease, but the disease won.


Please do self exams, and get a mammogram! Breast cancer doesn't know boundaries of age, race, social status, even gender. I read on one of the sites below that around 2000 men are diagnosed with breast cancer a year, as well.


Wear pink to remind others. Wear pink to show support. I love seeing the NFL decked out in pink as we watched games this weekend!


I will wear pink


With pride
In celebration of those who have won their battle
Looking forward to the future, when one day we will find a cure
Living well, Loving much, and Laughing often

With excitement over the advances we have made
Eagerly awaiting the advancements yet to come
Always
Remembering those that we have lost

Promising to show my support
In honor of all of those currently fighting the battle
Never giving up….
Knowing that There Is Hope!

© 2007 Becky L Sabino




For more information go to National Breast Cancer Awareness Month or to Susan G. Komen websites. There are many resources available here!


1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for wearing pink and encouraging others to as well.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...