Sunday, January 17, 2010

Garden Dreaming

The temperatures have been somewhat springlike the past few days....rainy, warmer temps. Those temps are making me think about gardening. I know it's way to early to actually garden, but my thoughts are going there!! I ordered my seeds shortly after Christmas. Last year I waited until late January to place my order , and many of the seeds I wanted were already gone. I order from a heirloom/rare, organic seed company, so when the seeds are gone for the year, they are gone, no back orders. This year, only two things were already gone, but I found close replacements. I am dreaming of getting out in my garden beds, digging in the dirt, and working up the soil. I dream of putting the seeds in the ground and waiting with great anticipation for those seeds to pop through the soil. I definitely am dreaming of harvesting the crops and enjoying homegrown veggies. I think that this time of year makes the yearn to have homegrown veggies even stronger, as most stores have very limited supplies right now, and the prices are pretty steep. Yes, I am longing for my homegrown veggies, and even joked with my mom about going out and planting some cold crops in the ground. She just laughed at me, and told me to wait a month to get my tomatoes and peppers started. In the meantime, I will dream of my garden, plan some new ideas for the backyard, and look at my gardening books, with my large envelope of seeds sitting by my chair.

1 comment:

Lanel said...

Just think, last year around this time we were whining and complaining about snow.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...