Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Busy Times

No, I did not fall off the blogging world map. Life has just been so busy lately, I haven't even sat down at my computer for days. I am behind in blogging, loading and editing photos, and pretty much everything else in life! My home has been the place where we come home at night, and fall into bed, exhausted. We finally had a night at home last night, where we enjoyed watching Boise State win the Fiesta Bowl. I hope this week brings some quiet and some 'normalcy' back into our lives. While I have enjoyed the holidays, spending time with family and friends, and getting to do some fun things, I am ready for a little down time, some quiet time, some time where I can look at my schedule and it's not loaded up with things to do. We received an email late last night from the cabins we stayed at in Cannon Beach over the summer, telling us of their amazing specials they have going on right now...over half off their regular price. I have never been to the coast in January or February, and I envision a lot of cold, wet times, but it is almost enticing to do a three day getaway right now. I could load up my hubby, my dog, some books, and just runaway for a few days of solitude and quiet. I doubt it will happen, but the thought is a good one!

Today, I hope to get my house back in order, try to remember what my regular schedule for the week involves, get a little rest as I am very tired, and work on some photos. I have my Bible study group tonight, and I look forward to getting back on track with that as well.

It's sad when I think about how I have to work at resting right now! It needs to be a part of each day, time to rest, to reconnect with God, to let my body just be still and quiet. We need to rest. It keeps our minds and bodies healthy. It also keeps me in balance with where my relationship with Christ should be because busyness keeps my mind and body racing, with no time for stillness or time to focus my thoughts. So, this week, I am going to work on getting a balance back in life, and remembering to take some time to rest.

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...