Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting A Point Across

After writing about walls, and the stuff I am dealing with right now, I was trying to work through it that afternoon and the steps I need to take to start bringing my heart back to a spot where it can trust again, where I can find peace, and where I can get back in align with where I need to be with God.  I was in my car coming home from town, and praying, asking God for help, asking Him to show me what I needed to do, where I needed to start.  As always, I had my radio on.  I wasn't paying attention to the song playing because I was talking to God about how I really needed some guidance and help with my life.  I asked what do I need to do to take the first step to start this process, and it was like the radio volume went up four notches as I heard the words from this song, about half way through.....SLOW DOWN.  SLOW DOWN. 





Oh, guess you got your point across on that one, God.  Funny how I hadn't heard any of the song before, and just as I ask, the words SLOW DOWN come blaring across my radio.  No, He wasn't referring to my driving either, because I was sitting at stop light!  It was a definite, immediate answer to my question.  As I said in that post, slowing down is something that is difficult for me.  If I keep busy, keep going, I don't have to deal with the hurt, the pain.  I know that's wrong and I know to heal, I have to work through the pain and get on with life.  I started some of the process the past couple days.  It hasn't been easy.  Painful, as a matter of fact.  But it's a process, and I have God beside all the way. 


It seemed for the next ten miles home, God gave me one song after another that all addressed my prayers.  I have always loved music, although not musical myself.  I always pay close attention to the words, as well, even on songs I have never heard before.  When we did youth ministry, we used a lot of music to bring across a point to the kids.  I guess since God knows that music is one venue I do pay a lot of attention to, He would get His point across to me that way.  This song played just as I entered our town. 


3 comments:

Beth said...

Music has always been a comfort to me also. I can't carry a tune, but I love to listen,and I praise quietly around people and loudly at home. :-)
It never ceases to amaze me how He will give us the answer we need when we need it and in cool ways like your experience.
Both songs are great. You're fortunate to have a Christian music station. I have to buy Cd's as there is no such station out here where I live.
The healing does hurt, but the process works---other wise you're stuck with the hurt indefinitely and it can blindside you at times.

SimplyDarlene said...

Hey girl, come down here for a weekend and let's slow down together...

Hoping all is going good for you. Wondering if you are okay?

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Prayer, faith, family, friends, and most of all God will get you through this. Need to talk?? I've been there and it took a long time to trust again but PTL I feel whole again. Love Ya

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...