Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lost in the Corn

Last Friday my mom, hubby, and I packed up and headed East.  We have been in lightning storms every day/night, extreme rain, had a tornado a few miles behind us and saw the funnel clouds, hot, hot, hot weather, 100% humidity, and heat indexes of 109 one day, 105 most days.  Wow.  It's a bit of a change from what we are used to in the great Northwest.  Lightning storms in the Midwest aren't anything like out West, either.  My hubby had never seen a storm like that being a Pacific NW native.  The first night, we had some nasty lightning as we went across eastern Montana.  Lightning came down with several fingers scorching the earth, that same lightning went across to another bolt with several jagged fingers, and then with six more fingers, went back up to the clouds.  Lightning struck and instantly a wheat field went up in flames, and smoke and fire covered the sky as the strong winds swept across the prairie.  It has been a wild trip.  We have driven about 1700 miles, seeing friends and relatives on this whirlwind trip.  Wifi is a rarity in most places, so if you don't hear from me this week, it's because I am in the cornfields of Iowa, trying not to drown in the 2-4 inches of rain they get in a couple hours of time, sweating away in the humidity!!  While it's great to see relatives I have not seen in 19 years, I will be happy to be back home to the Northwest!! 

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...