Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Catch Up or Start Over?

Finally..............home!  Twelve days are a long time to be gone, especially this time of year, with the garden and all.  Suddenly, summer is nearly gone, and that is hard to grasp.  Last night as we were unloading the last things out of the car, it was about 8 p.m. and darkness was quickly covering the landscape.  I looked at my husband, and asked how it could be dark already.  This morning, I thought...okay, time to play catch up, but half way through the day, I realized that playing catch up was out of the question.  I could not capture one bit of those twelve days back in my yard, garden, or home.  I had to just start over.  I had to start over weeding, cleaning, and harvesting.  I had to start over from where I left off on August 5th. 


God gives us a 'start over' opportunity every day.  He makes things new, fresh for us, so we don't have to try to play catch up when we mess up in our relationship with Him.  He gives us do-overs, because of the blood of Christ!  Jesus died so we can have a fresh start each day, if we have a relationship with Him.  So, if you have fallen behind and need a restart in your faith, just go to Him and ask.  He will be happy to give you a fresh start.




The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.   Lamentations 3:22-23(New Living Translation)

Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (Contemporary English Version)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yes, God does give us that opportunity---what a gift and what a relief to know that!
I know how you feel about all the work to do--there will be plenty waiting me when I return for 2 days before taking off again. But I'm thankful I have it to return home to.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...