Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember



Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Remember.  Remember your thoughts and feelings on 9/11/01.  Remember.  What did you feel?  What did you think? 

I remember feeling like I was having a nightmare and needed to wake up.  I remember feelings of sadness, sorrow, anger, patriotism, disbelief, and feeling numb.  I remember horrific scenes that came into all of our living rooms, as we watched from a far.  I felt scared.  I wanted my loved ones around me.  I wept.  I prayed. I sat at work, staring at the TV.  I felt quiet. I felt pride as an American.

Within a short time, I remember disbelief, anger, sorrow, sadness surrounded me again when Americans seemed to forget what happened....how our land was attacked, how so many died. 

Today, I am saddened by the state of our country, by the lack of morals, the lack of patriotism, the lack of the will to fight for ourselves and what is right, and the lack of pride as an American.  I am saddened that we have turned from God. 

I pray that this country finds the will to stand up for our rights and freedoms. I pray for people to be humbled and to fall on their knees and ask God for help for this country, before He completely turns His back on us.


Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

Beth said...

I was teaching 7th grade. We were having our team preparation time. We stared in disbelief. The principal allowed us to keep it on--some schools chose to hide it --as if you could hide such horrific acts.
I remember when that song came out---the one you quoted at first---I agreed with him. There are some things you shouldn't forget.
The times are 'a-troublin'.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...