Friday, September 27, 2013

Need Some Hope?



Have days where doubt, fear, unworthiness creep in?  Feel alone? Feel like you are fighting a fight that cannot be won? 



Stop fighting a fight that's already been won
How often do I do that?  Daily?  Hourly?  Sometimes I verily make it a couple minutes without doubt, fear, what-if's creeping in.



All my life I have been called unworthy
Every felt like that?  How about in junior high?  How about when things in your life don't look like the way the world thinks your life should look?  How about when you mess up?  We all do.  I do.  I have been called unworthy, by many.  



Shame 
Have it?  If you are over a decade old, I would bet you do.  I do.




Regret

Oh, another one that I would guess most of us struggle with at some point....words said, words not said.  Opportunities missed.  Deeds done.  Years gone by and dreams shattered.



Our lives can be a mess, feel hopeless, but if we turn and put our faith and trust in Jesus, our lives have hope.



YOU AREN'T DONE WITH ME YET!

The only way to keep going through some of the days I face, we all face is knowing Jesus is still doing a great work in me, even when I don't see it, or feel it, or realize it.




You set me free

Because of the cross, I am set free from regret, shame, feeling unworthy, unloved, alone, sad, feeling like I have to do it all, when HE has already fought the fight.  AND  He won.




Take off the heavy chains

Stop living in regret, what if's, how comes, and let. it. go. Trust Him.




I am not who I used to be
No, I am not.  I used to be overcome with feelings of unworthiness, guilt, fear, worry.  While the old nature can sneak in, I am not who I used to be because I have set aside myself, and follow Christ.  He has transformed me.  He has taken the ugly parts of my life and made them beautiful.  He gave me

New Life





I have Hope That Will Carry Me Home.





I AM Redeemed

 Redeem: to release from blame or debt; to clear; to free from the consequence of sin; to free from captivity by payment of ransom..Jesus did that on the cross. For you.  For me.  For everyone who would accept Him as their Savior.

to change for the better : reform, repair, restore  




Wipe away every stain
On the cross, my sins were taken from me, and put on Jesus, so I can be spotless, clean, without stain, like new.


I am
Redeemed. Restored. Renewed.











No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...