Monday, September 16, 2013

Quick Summary of Summer

It's hard to believe Summer is winding down.  I looked at the sunrise and sunset on the 10 day forecast, and within a week, we are at equal times for the sun coming up and going down.  I am not ready to lose daylight like that but there isn't a choice, so I will just move on and pray for days that are bright, not foggy or gray, and enjoy each moment, as they are a gift. 

We had a great Summer, with fun times with family & friends, had a great time on our boat, did some geocaching and hiking, and enjoyed the beauty of North Idaho and a couple quick trips to Western Montana.  Our garden was hit and miss.  We enjoyed a long harvest of raspberries, and the tomatoes have done really well.  The two little spaghetti squash plants I put in gave us a dozen or more squash.  The beans did ok, but not outstanding.  I planted zucchini, but only got one little yellow squash.  Fortunately, my sister and her hubby had some to spare, so they happily shared.  Two of five pepper plants did really well.  The carrots verily came up so we will not be enjoying a harvest from them this Fall, nor will our dog.  We enjoyed some greens, herbs, and strawberries, as well.  




My birthday was last week and my hubby blessed me with a new camera.  It has a lot of bells and whistles so will take awhile to learn what they all do, but I am up for the challenge.  My camera was 7 1/2 years old, which in the digital world, is pretty old.  I had noticed the picture quality going down quite a bit the past few months, and I have used it so much, it literally was disintegrating in my hands. I haven't had much time to play with my new camera, but this is one of the first images I captured over Lake Coeur d'Alene.





I hope to be a little more faithful here on my blog, so please check back.  I have been posting daily over on my business blog, if you want to visit over there: Respire Life Coaching

Enjoy the last few days of Summer, and take in the moments of beauty that are around us each day, and be thankful for each gift, each breath you are given. 




No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...