Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Update

Hey there

Well we are always there for our children aren't we? We could not imagine the loss of a child. We are spared from dealing with such a loss. Now it is a daily emotion to stand before a son that I can't help. He journeys this road not by himself but alone in the pain. I can only pray for his ability to accept his pain and condition. He is a great warrior and son. I am blessed to still have him here although at times, I feel guilty. I look around and see the living memorials of war and wars past. These men are so young with a lifetime to deal with their physical conditions, not to forget the mental war that rages on inside. Brandon is challenged everyday with these emotions. Along with the loss of his legs. The only thing that I can remind him of are the countless lives that he has saved because of his courage to travel down roads that are by design death to all who travel. This is our military, brave, honorable,loyal,compassionate,courageous and they are Americans made up many backgrounds and races. I am so glad I have met so many of these men and women. So I know that my son will walk proud and with a smile because he has saved lives. His pain someday will be understood as a reminder to those that gave their lives for freedom.

In Christ Doug

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...