Friday, May 18, 2007

Words

Isn't it amazing how one person's words can tear us down. We can be going along, feeling good about life and ourselves, and BAM someone makes a snide comment or rude remark and we believe the lie and we repeat that lie over and over in our heads. As we grow up, we find that the little rhyme we learned as kids, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me, is just the opposite. It would feel better sometimes to have sticks and stones hit us instead of others words because they are much more painful. We let those words ruin our day, consume our thoughts, and make us lie awake at night thinking about it, instead of taking that thought captive and listening to what God says about us. Why do we do that when we know deep down that we are a better person than they say we are and that we are God's children, whom he chose? What can compare to that? The creator of the universe chooses you and me to be his kids! So, why do I let what one person may say to me tear me down and doubt myself? Why do I believe the lie when I have been chosen by God? I know I am going to work on it and instead of believing the lies and repeating them over and over in my head, I am going to work on repeating the truth of God's word over and over in my head. Wouldn't we be so much better off if we can take the hurt and cast it aside, and we had God's word so deeply embedded in us that we became transformed in our minds and thoughts and reactions and we only cared about what we do for him, not man who is never satisfied? God loves each of us so deeply that we cannot comprehend it. He has picked us to be his kids. Think on that today.

1 John 3:1 What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

But you are God's chosen and special people. You are a group of royal priests and a holy nation. God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Now you must tell all the wonderful things that he has done. The Scriptures say, "Once you were nobody. Now you are God's people. At one time no one had pity on you. Now God has treated you with kindness. 1 Peter 2:8-10

We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...