Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend

It was a busy weekend! We did some geocaching and hit cache number 100. We found cache number 100 down by Memorial Field, in our old neighborhood, at a place we spent many hours in the summer, enjoying the lake, riding bikes, and just enjoying the area. We started caching last August, and it's been so much fun. My mom said she thinks we are addicted. I think I would agree, but it's a good addiction, at least. It gets us out walking and exploring. It has also led us to places we never would have gone or known existed if we hadn't been geocaching. We walked around Sportsman's Warehouse today looking for ideas for new cache containers and did find a couple ideas. Now, we just have to get them planted. We just placed our second hide this past week.



Mom's flowers are very beautiful right now. She has a sea of purple in the front flower bed.

Early Saturday evening, we went fishing at Sunnyside, or should I say that we practiced casting. I did catch two small ones, and Lizzie caught one, but that was all we caught. Hannah was with us in our boat, so I was helping her with her 'casting.' I put a big bobber on her little Nemo pole and kept throwing it out for her to 'wind in.' She doesn't reel, she winds. I was smart enough NOT to put a lure on the pole of a two year old who was determined to throw the line out herself. I thought her whole pole would end up in Pend Oreille, but it made it back to the truck at the end of the night. It did end up in my eye a couple times, but we all survived. We had hundreds of geese fly over us while we were out there, and one flock had 62 geese in it. What a joyful noise as they flew over and were all honking.

Sunday brought many showers and storms, and a 4 year old's birthday party. I can't believe Lizzie is already celebrating her 4th birthday. We had a princess party and there were enough presents for four 4 year olds!! Her mommy made her a beautiful cake, and we enjoyed a great dinner of smoked turkey that Vance smoked in his smoker and great family time. After the party, Thane and dad watched Flags of Our Fathers, while mom and I decided it was a bit too intense to watch before going to bed, especially if we wanted to sleep. I do plan to read the book, however. I did watch the last 20 minutes of the movie, and it was pretty emotional.

Monday morning was very wet and extremely cold! BRRRR, 40 degrees! The whole day was chilly and there was fresh snow on all the mountain tops. It sure didn't feel much like global warming to me!!! However, it sounds like we will be hitting 90 by the end of the week. Wow, my poor garden is going to be so confused. Our front yard is coming up really nice and hopefully by the time we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in three weeks, we will have a beautiful, lush green yard.







1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Your Mom's flowers are gorgeous! Always enjoy reading your blog.

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...